Pikes Peak Swim League
Colorado Springs has always had a very distinct division between year-round and summer club swimming dating back to the 1970s. Our new mission and philosophy would promote swimming participation to swimmers of all ages and abilities without the restrictions, constraints, and expense of USA Swimming.
- Establish a unified swimming league that every team (summer and year-round) in Colorado Springs could benefit from.
- Each participating team and the PPSL will provide liability insurance coverage.
- The two groups (summer and year-round) can co-exist without restriction and penalties.
- Swimmers can maintain their USA Swimming membership with year-round team while representing a summer club.
- Swimming can be more accessible with children being able to practice and compete when and where they choose.
- PPSL meets (summer) should be open to swimmers who swim part-time, seasonal, or year-round.
- Affordable entry fees, if necessary, based on pool rental charges and awards (PPSL Championships and Summer Pentathlon).
- Each participating team would contribute a yearly fee to the ‘league’ to offset meet expenses, etc.,
- Standardized meet event templates.
- Standardize more flexible and lenient swimming rules.
- Swimming official training (starter, stroke and turn).
- Coaches’ discretion regarding the level of swimmers competing in meets.